1. How long have you been doing CrossFit?
I have been doing CrossFit for 3 years.
2. What class time and location doing you regularly attend?
I attend 6:30 pm at the West location.
3. What made you start CF?
My Friend Ayo convinced me to give CrossFit a try. We were on a business trip together and our meeting ran late. Ayo drove to Carson, CA that same day and changed in the parking lot to compete at the 2014 CrossFit games. Later that weekend her team, CrossFit Invictus, won Gold and here I am…
4. Favorite CF movement?
Pull-ups and Burpees.
5. Least Favorite?
Any overhead barbell movement. It bothers my shoulder.
6. If you could design any CF WOD, what would it be?
It would include Pull-ups, Burpees, Box Jumps, and Devil Presses.
7. Hobbies outside of CF?
Running and reading.
8. Tell us something that most people don’t know about you.
I’ve lost 65 lbs. and I’m recently retired.
9. What was your first CF WOD?
My first CrossFit WOD was Fran. I got to class early and my friend Al was dry heaving in the garbage can. I was like WTH.
10. Biggest effect that CF has had on your life?
It gets me out of my comfort zone and has made me stronger and healthier in my golden years. Most importantly, it has introduced me to some amazing life-long friends, who inspire and motivate me daily.