We would like to recognize Becky Werts as our March athlete of the month. You can catch Becky kicking butt at 9:00am at our Beaverton location. She always has a smile on her face and will join you in any workout even if she thinks she can’t. She is fun to be around and brings so much positivity to our community. Here is what he had to say when we asked him a few questions:
1. How long have you been doing CrossFit?
6 years - can’t you tell
2. Class time?
9:00 - bra hour, best hour - don’t underestimate the mom
3. What made you start doing CrossFit?
My friend Chelsea told me to try it - I blame her till this very day
4. Favorite CrossFit movement?
Handstand push ups, sit-ups, dips and probably double unders (which is funny because it took me 2 years to get them - I appreciate the fact that I have them every single time they’re in a WOD)
5. Least favorite movement?
Thrusters - see #9
6. If you could design a CrossFit WOD, what would it be?
Partner workout 40 minutes plus - the longer the better…(Insert inappropriate joke here)
7. Hobbies outside of CrossFit?
I love to read, sew, listen to music and being with my family
8. Tell us something most people don’t know about you
undefeated in Foosball against Shawn Wilson
9. What was your first CrossFit WOD?
One of my first workouts was Kalsu -I got time capped,I cried all the way home and woke up naked on the couch.
10. Biggest effect CrossFit has has on your life?
The biggest impact crossfit has had on me - it’s my chosen family. I love the people. They literally mean the world to me. The physical and mental results are a distant second.